Bi-Metal band saw blades 82" X 1/2" X 24 TPI X 0.025"
• 8% Cobalt Content For Added Durability & Wear
• Rc 65-67 Tooth Hardness For Increased Wear Resistance
• Alloy Steel Backer for Fatigue Resistance
• Unique welding technique :strong and smoother welding point
• For all vertical, stationary, floor standing 2-wheel band saws
• Ideal designed to tackle soft/non-ferrous metals including aluminum, copper, lead, zinc and tin and nickle based alloys. However, it's also sharp and diverse enough to handle some hard plastics and most wood based projects.
• Package: 1PC
The blades teeth were constructed with a triple-tempered high speed cobalt steel (M42) and possess an alloy steel backing strip for fatigue resistance. Ultimately, this blade offers high precision accuracy with long-term durability.
• 12/16TPI, 14/18TPI are suitable for cutting tube and profile (OD less than 20mm)
• 8/12TPI is suitable for cutting tube and profile (OD: 40-150mm),
• 6TPI is suitable for cutting solid bars
• 14tpi is suitable for cutting thin pipe tube profiles etc
• 14tpi is fixed teeth profile, teeth distance is 1.8mm per teeth
• Shop for other TPI for sale
The number of TPI defines the pitch of the blade and can vary from 1 to 32 TPI.On some bandsaw blades there are different pitches on the same bladereferred to as Vari-Pitch. TPI is measured from gullet to gullet, not tooth tip totooth tip – this is known as pitch.
The general rule of thumb is:
• For wood and soft materials aim for 3 – 6 teeth in the workpiece.
• For metals and harder materials aim for 6 – 24 teeth in the workpiece.
Some things to note:
• Too few teeth may straddle the work and break teeth.
• Too many teeth can cause gullet overload and strip teeth.
Band Saw blades are constructed with superior metal to resist heat buildup, runs cooler for a longer blade life. The bond between the backer and cutting edge is significantly improved, sharp edges and strengthened for a long-lasting blade.
Each band saw blade is 100% inspected for bend strength and hardness.
Bandsaw Blade Selection Resources (how to select)
- Lengths and Widths,
- Band Saw How-Tos,
- Teeth per Inch(TPI)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.