DIY Supplies: Metalworking
Use: Metal Drilling
Model Number: Screw Hand Thread Tap
Material: High Speed Steel
Plug: Thread Metric Plug
Screw: Machine Screw
- Application: Hand taps are the most versatile tap for hand use, or for tapping under power. Hand threading tap is popular for use in general machine tapping or CNC tapping. Appropriate for tapping the vast majority of materials in through or blind holed conditions. Plug style are generally used in thru holes.
- Screw Hand Thread Tap Size: M3×0.5, M4×0.7, M5×0.8, M6×1, M8×1.25, M10×1.5, M12×1.75. High speed steel taps are for making new threads or re-threading, carbon steel is for re-threading/cleaning up threads.
- Screw Hand Thread Tap Point Cut: The pint cut is located at the head of the tap, approx. 2-3 threads, and takes place over multiple threads. The threads influence the load of the torque on the tap, and thus also the service life. They also influence the tapping and centering behavior. The more threads a tap has, the less forces act during tapping.
- Feature: The straight flute is used for through holes as the chip crumbles and falls through the hole. The overflow shank has the same diameter throughout and is always smaller than the core diameter of the thread.
- Adjustable Tap Wrench: Double-end adjustable wrenches, also known as bar wrenches, have one threaded handle which is attached to one of the clamps. The clamp is opened to insert the tool and then tightened down against the tool to secure it. This type of tap wrench is used with larger taps and where there is room to turn a larger wrench.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Our goal is to help woodworkers and artisans across the world to get their most affordable replacement parts.
Try It Risk-Free!
Backed by a 100% money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose!
Warranty - Promise
100% Satisfaction Guarantee! If for ANY reason you are not satisfied with this item, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or replacement.
So why wait? Order Yours Today and Get Your Planer & Jointer or Band Saw on the Right Track!